Dental implants are a modern solution to tooth loss. They not only replace the tooth but also provide structural support for your jaw. Implants are made of titanium and come in many shapes and sizes depending on what is needed. If you have lost teeth, or know that you will lose them soon (due to injury, or disease) Dental Implants San Diego may be an option for you.
Dental implants have many benefits. Here are just a few:
- They look great – A dental implant will last for years and won’t change color or shape like other metal fillings.
- They feel natural – Dental implants can be used to replace any missing tooth, even if it’s in the back of your mouth. They’ll feel as normal as your other teeth! Dental implants act as “artificial roots” that hold the tooth in place in your jaw. They help to keep your mouth and jaw working in a way that is almost as natural as your own real teeth.
- You will be able to eat the foods you enjoy. Implanted teeth provide stability and strength that is unmatched by dentures or veneers.
- You’ll save time – Implants require less maintenance than dentures and bridges because they’re attached to bone, so you don’t need to replace them every 5 years like with false teeth.
- Most patients find speaking with implants is much easier than with conventional removable dentures.
- Confidence. Patients who have had dental implants placed where they were once missing teeth or where damaged teeth had been are much more confident. They smile without reservation because they feel good about the way they look when they see themselves in the mirror now.
- You’ll save money – At least in the long run. Implants are permanent and will last your entire life if they are taken care of.
Implanted teeth are also more comfortable because they’re securely attached to bone, so you don’t have the sharp edges of dentures or bridges which can irritate surrounding gums.
Additionally, because they are attached to your jawbone, they reduce the chance for you to experience bone loss in your jaw. Bone loss is common after a tooth or several teeth are missing for a prolonged period of time.
A single implant may be inserted to replace one tooth or many implants placed strategically in your mouth to provide a full denture. There are a variety of devices and methods that can be applied to dental implants once they’ve been placed.
Although dental implants are expensive, they are money well spent. They are an investment in yourself that will last for a long time. Some patients have remarked that dental implants gave them a “second chance” at life, love, and happiness. It truly is a life-changing experience for many people.
Most people only wish they had gotten a dental implant sooner.
Many dentists are willing to work out a payment plan for surgery. If you are thinking about getting dental implants, you should contact your local dentist right away and see what they can do for you to get you the smile you’ve always wanted, with dental implants.
Book your appointment now at San Diego Smile Center – Dental Implants San Diego